Tuesday, March 5, 2013

God leads. Do you follow?







The enemy said, ‘I will pursue, I will overtake,
I will divide the spoil, my desire shall have its fill of them.
I will draw my sword; my hand shall destroy them.’
You blew with your wind; the sea covered them;
they sank like lead in the mighty waters.
“Who is like you, O LORD, among the gods?
Who is like you, majestic in holiness,
awesome in glorious deeds, doing wonders?
You stretched out your right hand;
the earth swallowed them.
“You have led in your steadfast love the people whom you have redeemed; 
               you have  guided them by your strength to your holy abode.
(Exodus 15:9-13 ESV)

The enemy may strike as if he thought about winning me over God, but I should know my God who delivered me from many situations in life; aside from His great work of my salvation, I don't know what else He couldn't give me. I cannot fathom His steadfast love. I wouldn't understand how great the love of God to His elect! Despite I, sometimes, am like the Israelites that after witnessing the power of God, becomes weak of what is seen in the world. But thanks be to God! He leads me to safe journey in the desert, His providence sustaining me from parching my heart and spiritual hunger through Jesus.

The LORD leads us, yes. And we are obliged to follow. In Christian life, the trials and temptations make the walk daring and difficult; simply because we have now waged war against the forces of darkness. At one point in our lives, we were on their side. But because God chose to unveil the truth to us, we turned from them and from the desires of our flesh. The good news is (if not better than that of salvation), God fights for us! "If God is for us, then who can be against us?"  Nobody! Because nobody can stand against the power of Him who reigns in the heavens and the earth! Moses said the truth when he sang,

"Who is like you, O Lord, among the gods?
Who is like you, majestic in holiness,
awesome in glorious deeds, doing wonders?" Exodus 15:11 ESV

Yielding to His Spirit and trusting in His perfection could be the hardest to do for a man. The thought of humbling ourselves and lifting the One who is all worthy and deserving of honor, brings out the shameless and sinful nature in us. Our haughtiness creates havoc in us, when the revelation of knowing we need a Savior. Yet as we go on struggling with Satan and our own self to persevere in pleasing our Lord, His grace abounds in every situation! The Israelites grumble for their fleshly needs, still God demonstrates His steadfast love to them. And as manna falls from heaven every morning, His mercies are anew everyday. Throughout generations, His compassion is unchanged. Molding us and resurrecting the likeness of Jesus in us.

"In Your unfailing love You will lead
the people you have redeemed.
In Your strength You will guide them
to Your holy dwelling." Exodus 15:13 NIV

Readings: Ex 15,16, Matt 19:1-15

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Where is their God?"

Why should the nations say, “Where is their God?” - Psalm 79:10a It's No Surprise When disaster struck Jerusalem during their defeat wit...